FAQ - Real Christmas Trees Melbourne
All Christmas trees are cut on the day of your delivery date so you will receive a fresh Christmas tree just as if you went to the farm yourself.
What type of Christmas tree do you grow?
We grown the Pinus Radiata variety at our farm which is a softwood where they love good rainfall and good soil. With these two very important elements required for a healthy Christmas tree, a mature tree would be at least 5 years old before harvesting.
Best way to look after a real and fresh Christmas tree:
- Keep it in water at all times.
- Add a table spoon of sugar to the water.
- Place it in a shaded place and the coolest place in your home away from direct sun light.
- Avoid afternoon sunshine as this will age the Christmas tree prematurely.
- Now and then you may want to spray water mist on the Christmas tree leaves to simulate rain.
Optional: (when the tree starts to dry out)
- Drill holes into the bottom of the trunk to get fresh water flowing into the tree.
- Saw off a 2cm off the trunk so the tree can have fresh water absorption.
(A real Christmas tree is like a real fresh flower in a vase full of water.)
For an extended life span, please add the following into the stand:
- add 2 x teaspoon of sugar
- add 2 x teaspoon of bleach
- add lukewarm water
How long does a Real Christmas tree last?
A well looked after Christmas tree will last up to 30 days.
Our Christmas trees are of the highest quality and have been looked after with great care throughout its life and will continue in your home.
Dry needles inside a real Christmas tree.
Paul an experienced Christmas tree grower says it's normal and explains why this happens.
Real Christmas tree vs Artificial Christmas tree
First of all, artificial Christmas trees are made out of non-renewable petroleum.
- Artificial Christmas trees are made out of plastic oils which are harmful to the environment.
- Real Christmas trees remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- Artificial Christmas trees are not recyclable and end up in the land fill forever as they do not disintegrate.
- Real Christmas trees will disintegrate into the earth.
- Artificial Christmas trees are made overseas not supporting Australian economy.
- Real Christmas trees are Australian grown and owned.
- In case of a fire, artificial Christmas trees burn easier and produce toxic fumes which are very harmful.
- Real fresh Christmas trees are less likely to catch on fire as it is living plant and the wood is still wet inside.
Setting up of a Christmas tree on my own.
A small and medium Christmas tree size can be set up by one person with a cinco Christmas tree stand.
A large and commercial Christmas tree will require two or more people to set up the Christmas tree with a cino Christmas tree stand.
Here is a short video by cinco how to set up a real Christmas tree.
- cutting a few centimeters of the truck is optional and not necessary as the Christmas tree is freshly cut on the same day of your delivery although we still recommend to do this for a longer life span of the tree and a greener and fresher looking Christmas tree.
- using a mallet is optional, as the weight of the Christmas tree is sufficient.
Setting up a Christmas tree by us.
During your order, please let us know that you’d like us to set up the Christmas tree for you on delivery.
A Christmas tree stand is required. You may purchase one during your order or have a working stand from last season.
The driver will call you on the number provided on the invoice approximately an hour before arrival.
There are two types of payments at the checkout. Please choose the one that is most appropriate for you.
- Credit Card payment online
- PayPal online
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
Please Note: Payment in full has to be made before we will are able to prepare your Christmas tree. (We do not accept Cash on delivery)
If you have a question that is not answered here, contact us.
You might want to read our Policy, links below.